Wednesday, May 27, 2009

New "Fabric Wall"






A couple of weeks ago, I scored a boatload of fabric samples from a local interior design firm. There were quite a few hanging samples and many sample books. I get so excited when new fabric becomes available! This time it was totally unexpected, so that made it even better. My creative juices have been flowing ever since with an abundance of ideas for new projects. But, first, I have folded it all and stacked it neatly on the shelves in my studio, so now I have a "fabric wall". It is eye candy for me and really keeps me motivated. The next project will be a shirred rug made with some of these fabrics, and I have a beautiful bubble gum pink felt bag in the planning stages that will feature some of the spring green and white fabrics for the lining, and maybe the straps and an exterior pocket. It would be a pity for them to only be seen on the inside! Enjoy the photos and any creative ideas they bring you.

3 Comments:

Made by SwirlyGirl said...

I, too, am inspired by fabrics and am lucky enough to have a dear friend who does window treatments and frequently gives me remnants of really gorgeous stuff! I don't have such a wonderful display as you, though! Lucky you!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am soooo coming over when I get back to town! Great job reusing materials to make even prettier things. Good for the environment and makes trendy shoppers happy.

kelleylivingstondesigns said...

Thanks Anonymous! I must know you.....